FOGHAT 'LIVE II' - OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE
 June 26th Official Release Date
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fght

154 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  7:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone and thanks for hanging with us. We are happy to let you know that we have an official release date of June 26! A press release will be going out on Monday 4/2 but we wanted to let you know first. The additional 6 tracks that we have added to the pre-release are: My Babe, Chevrolet, Road Fever, I'm a Rock n' Roller, I Feel Fine and Self-Medicated. It's going to be a great year!

tomloge

USA
1899 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  8:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow. gotta get it again, especially for those extras.
Go to Top of Page

RICHDUNN

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  8:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out the link on the Metro City Records site

http://www.metrocityrecords.com/catalog/Foghat.htm
Go to Top of Page

tomloge

USA
1899 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  8:56:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the info, rich. my wife is gonna kill me. i've been ordering cd's all day. i gotta make sure she doesn't look at the checkbook for awhile.
Go to Top of Page

RICHDUNN

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  06:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tom, I know what you mean, I just ordered Black Sabbath The Dio Years!!! Rich

This is also from the Metro Records site)

Foghat Signs To Metro City Records, Readies Live Dates And 'Live II' Release May 22nd

Best known for their live performances and classic rock anthems "Slow Ride" and "Fool For The City", which remain in rotation on many rock radio stations to this day, Foghat continues to bring their hard-edged rock boogie blues to the masses, as tour dates for 2007 have been firmed up.

The group, which features Roger Earl (drums), Craig MacGregor (bass), Charlie Huhn (vocals/guitars) and Bryan Bassett (lead/slide guitar), will issue .Live II.. Thirty years ago the Double Platinum .Foghat Live. was released. It is considered to be one of the best live albums of the 70.s. Metro City Records, in conjunction with Foghat Records, will issue a follow-up to .Live. with a self-produced 2-CD set entitled .Live II. on May 22nd. It promises to add to their long list of Gold And Platinum records.

Recorded live in California in 2005, .Live II. features high energy versions of Foghat classics like .Drivin. Wheel., and .I Just Want To Make Love To You. as well as the aforementioned .Slow Ride. and .Fool For The City.. The set will also include several additional studio rehearsal bonus tracks. Leading up to this release was the 2003 studio album, .Family Joules. as well as .The Official Bootleg DVD Volume 1. from 2004. As evidenced by these releases, Foghat still has no problem whipping up a blues-rock frenzy for their audience. Your chance to catch the band in the flesh is approaching fast as they will be touring non-stop throughout the year.

Label head Bill Proulx says, .Metro City Records is very proud to sign Foghat. This group is one of the premier bands of classic rock and boogie blues. Foghat is one of the bands I always felt that just didn't get enough credit for their creative and energetic output. Our goal is to give them the full recognition they deserve. The band also brings to the label an artist that already has a well-established fan base and a commitment to continue putting out great music. I look forward to participate in the continued success of the band."

Edited by - RICHDUNN on 03/31/2007 06:52:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Linda

241 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  11:03:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! For those of you who already bought the pre-release, we are working on some kind of offer for you if you want the new version. So hang on while we figure it out! We don't want anyone to feel that they were ripped off

Linda
Go to Top of Page

tomloge

USA
1899 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  11:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds great Linda. We appreciate your efforts!
Go to Top of Page

RICHDUNN

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  12:06:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda, Thats why Foghat is the best band in the world, not only do they put out great music, they are always looking out for their fans

Edited by - RICHDUNN on 04/01/2007 5:45:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

brink199

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  8:49:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda

I'm looking foward to the new CD and appreciate the effort on the special offer.
I always liked My Babe and I'm looking foward to the new live version.
Go to Top of Page

2blue

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  11:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed that CD Universe deleted Live II from its release schedule. Is there a new release date or is everything still on schedule?

Thanks for any info

Just Foghat

Edited by - 2blue on 04/09/2007 12:38:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

2blue

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  5:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Well -- New release date per Metro City Records for Live II -- June 26, 2007

Edited by - 2blue on 04/25/2007 5:48:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

VanJay011379

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2007 :  1:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit VanJay011379's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Linda

Hi everyone! For those of you who already bought the pre-release, we are working on some kind of offer for you if you want the new version. So hang on while we figure it out! We don't want anyone to feel that they were ripped off

Linda

Thanks Linda! I thought the previous version could have had more songs!
Go to Top of Page

Linda

241 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  1:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
Since we don't want anyone to feel 'ripped off', we are trying to figure out what to offer those of you who have been such good friends and ordered the pre-release of LIVE II. So we came up with a way to give you the new 'LIVE II' with the 6 additional songs (and they are rockin' by the way!).

If you order between now and July 15 we can give you 50% off on "LIVE II".

Just send an e-mail to boogie@foghat.net (subject line = CD Discount) and tell us where and when you purchased 'LIVE II' and we will send you back a discount code that you can put into the 'coupon' field when you checkout on the merch page. You can then get all 18 tracks for $9.50.

Hope this works for you. We are doing our best. The discount is available as of today on all pre-orders. We should have product from the record co in about 10 days.

Rock on...and hope to see you all this summer!
Linda

Linda

Edited by - Linda on 06/09/2007 1:22:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

RICHDUNN

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  06:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again Linda, I just sent my e mail in
Go to Top of Page

RICHDUNN

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  8:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Linda, I just put my order in, can't wait to get it....thanks very much Rich Dunn
Go to Top of Page

Fotografer

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  3:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fotografer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Started thinking about the next show in Chicago(July 13 FRI) and I flashed back to the last one on June 23........

Ides on March IDEOLOGY
Ides of March Age b/4 Beauty
FOGHAT LIVE II

Did I forget to mention how that show rocked!!!
Man, I was stage center @ the stage! Could not get any closer.....
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. It took 2.5 days for the ringing to stop!
BTW, CBH were great! Looking forward to seeing them again in West Chicago!
Working on pix, should have by Friday.

Meet you all at the tent!
Stan

How did we pronounce that guests last name??????
Oh well, had to be there!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FOGHAT SPEAKEASY © Noisy SOD, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03