New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

fogdan

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  5:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit fogdan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have seen the line up with tony 2 times and with out 2 times and it is better with out. A higher enegry show. as for Why Colorado Springs? To build ejection seats for F15 F16 and F22 fighters. WAY COOL!!! I sure miss Rod. We emailed alot back and forth and it just is not the same with out. As for the band What a great line up. I gave the boys some old film footage I had and it looks like they did alittle of it on this CD and as for Charlie he is great! I had a chance to sit down and talk to him for awhile and he is just the best. Take care all.

Fogdan
Go to Top of Page

NitroNarcosis

67 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  4:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi Fogdan...was just in the Springs a few days ago. It's sad to see how much it's changed and grown since I lived in Colorado (78-89). I sure loved my day in Victor though, last week. (population 475.) and neighboring Cripple Creek. I met some very interesting and nice folks in that town. It was truly awesome, crystal snowflakes falling on the flickering, shimmering golden Aspen leaves.......
Go to Top of Page

fogdan

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  6:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit fogdan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi NitroNarcosis,

I bet it has changed. It has changed since I have been here. I hope to talk to you later.

Dan
Go to Top of Page

mcfoghat

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2006 :  11:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit mcfoghat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well well well, Live II, eh? Trying to follow up a monster album like Foghat Live?
WELL FREAKIN' DONE !!!!!!!
If we only had radio now like we did then, this would be all over the place and Linda would have had to have a third pressing already.
To everyone involved in this project--GREAT JOB!
Carl Davino- you are the greatest.
Fortunately, I get to see all of you often enough to tell you how much I enjoy your shows.
Keep bringin' it.
See you in Anaheim--
your devoted--RC
Go to Top of Page

NitroNarcosis

67 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2006 :  09:12:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fogdan

Hi NitroNarcosis,

I bet it has changed. It has changed since I have been here. I hope to talk to you later.

Dan

Hi Dan, Lived in Aurora. The urban sprawl i witnessed last week was depressing mixed with a bit of anger and disbelief. i actually cried. What used to be fairly open plains,(one could pretty much see the mountains panarama with the open plains and foothills) is now choked with strip malls, all sorts of housing developments, etc, all the way from Denver to the Springs. I was very happy to see that Manitou Springs is still the small artsy-hippie town it always was. Commercialized, yes, but still fun with warm & friendly folks.
Back then, i flew for Frontier Airlines, after that, Continental Airlines and worked part time for Feyline. They produced rock shows in the Denver area and at Red Rocks, in Morrison.
We were going to move to the Carolinas but am leaning toward moving back to Colorado. There's a nice stretch of land on 115 between Ft. Carson and Canyon City, with green rolling hills and red boulders. i'd love to build a pueblo or a log home and get a couple of horses and some burros. :-) Veronika
Go to Top of Page

Don

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  2:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My turn.....I love it!!! Like fotagrafer says, close your eyes & you're at a live show. The sound quality is better then I thought possible on this CD, well done!!

Now I have Charlie live on 2 CD's (Humble Pie). You are a great front man Charlie, one of the best in the business!!! Hearing Bryan live on this CD, WOW, the man can play guitar.

Thank you Roger & Linda, you did it right!

Go to Top of Page

MLaimo

33 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  09:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit MLaimo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, thank you FOGHAT for LIVE 2. I am in awe of this lineup. So tight, they really breathe new live into these classic songs. The sound quality is awesome, and the song selection is great!

I am wondering, with so much space to work with on 2 cds, why they did not add even more tracks. I am not complaining! Trouble Trouble is by far the highlight for me here, but I miss the extended version of Home in my Hand, Honey Hush, or perhaps another couple of live surprises.

Which leads me to wonder: what classic songs has this lineup played live over the last few years? Ride Ride Ride? Rock and Roll Outlaws? Anyone know?

Also...where's that DVD Charlie mentions they were filming?
Go to Top of Page

Fogfirst

71 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2006 :  2:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, the wonders of watching a great band in a small environment where one can request the song they want to hear, live and in person!

Hey, Charlie, how's about 'Terraplane Blues?'

How's about 'Feel So Bad?'

This band will never be topped by any band in any stratosphere. And yes, I know that never is a really, really, really long time. :D
Go to Top of Page

FogMatt

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  10:24:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanna hear Charlie unplugged, if you will on "Trouble In My Way"
You could have Roger on brushes with Craig and Bryan upfront with Charlie on stools. It would be a great palate cleansing midway through any show. Followed immediately by "Midnight Madness" or "Easy Money" to get things back into 4th gear...

Go to Top of Page

tomloge

USA
1898 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  3:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah yes. "Midnight Madness". i always loved that one. i always wanted to hear that one live. love the ending. like most of their songs, that one could go on forever.
Go to Top of Page

MLaimo

33 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  12:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit MLaimo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Midnight Madness is one of my FOGHAT top faves, along with Nothin' I Won't Do.
Go to Top of Page

tomloge

USA
1898 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  1:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, "Nothin I won't do" is another of my all time favorites. i remember seeing them do it live on "don kirshner's rock concert". excellent boogie number. if only that was available on cd and/or dvd.
Go to Top of Page

MLaimo

33 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  3:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit MLaimo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tom--do you know if there's any classic FOGHAT Live coming on DVD or CD? I'd love to see a complete show from the 70's.
Go to Top of Page

tomloge

USA
1898 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  7:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't know. we can always hope. i love all the stuff they've put out, but would really like some live stuff from the period of around 72-74. i went to some shows where they played almost all of the first 2 albums and about half of each album "energized" and "rock & roll outlaws". i remember the concerts in that time period being just incredible.
Go to Top of Page

Fogfirst

71 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  8:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember seeing Foghat at Hec Edmundson Pavilion in Seattle in 1974. I e-mailed Rod Price a couple of years ago and he said he remembered that show, too. Incredible show, the boys opened up for Rod Stewart and Faces. I mentioned to Rod that my ears were ringing for hours afterward!
Go to Top of Page

MLaimo

33 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  09:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit MLaimo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How about set lists from the early 70's? Is there anything here or online that has complete SL's from that period? Any idea if they used to play Helping Hand live?
Go to Top of Page

tomloge

USA
1898 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  1:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
don't know about set lists, but i do remember a lot what they played when i saw them in the early 70's (but not in order). first time-summer of 73-central park, new york city

trouble trouble
ijwmlty
leavin' again (medley combined with the savoy brown type version)
road fever (this too may have been part of the previous medley-my mind is a little foggy)
maybelline
gotta get to know you
feel so bad
long way to go

i remember later on seeing them and off energized they did:

honey hush, home in my hand, that'll be the day, wild cherry, fly by night

when they played "rock & roll outlaws" i remember them doing:

rock & roll outlaws
dreamer
chateau lafitte
8 days on the road

hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

MLaimo

33 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  1:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit MLaimo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great! Thanks for that Tom. Can't believe they did Long Way To Go! That's awesome.
Go to Top of Page

FogMatt

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  2:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Gotta Get To Know You" is one amazing song. That must have been something to see live...
Go to Top of Page

MLaimo

33 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  4:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit MLaimo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I remember seeing them at Nassau Colisseum with Cartwright on guitar and they did Sarah Lee! That blew me away!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
FOGHAT SPEAKEASY © Noisy SOD, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03